Dr Lucy Vause BA (Hons), MA, PhD, Assoc CIPD
My interview coaching is underpinned by qualifications with the CIPD and Oxford School of Coaching and Mentoring, along with many years of hands-on experience. Before becoming a freelance coach, I spent over 10 years in senior management positions in the UK Civil Service, gaining extensive experience of both interviewing and preparing candidates for interviews. As a Cambridge graduate, former Civil Service fast streamer and Head of Workforce Planning for the largest UK government department (DWP), I understand just how complex and daunting the recruitment process can be, both for interview candidates and employers.
My main qualifications are summarised below and you can read more about my career on LinkedIn
- CIPD Certificate in HR Management (Level 5), CIPD, 2016
- Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring (Distinction), Oxford School of Coaching and Mentoring, 2012.
- PhD Philosophy, Sheffield University, 2001.
- MA (CANTAB), Cambridge University, 1999.
- BA Hons Philosophy (First Class), Cambridge University, 1996.
Knowing that my clients have been successful in securing their dream jobs or university places makes my work exceptionally rewarding. And since interviews are pretty much ubiquitous, I can use my skills and experience to offer hands-on support to organisations and projects that I really care about. For example, I’m a coach for Oxfam’s Future Skills project and a mentor and local ambassador for the CIPD’s Steps Ahead Mentoring programme.